Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All in all

It has been a month since I posted my last writing. Sorry guys, along the way there was like 3 or 4 draft that ended up in the recycle bin. Few runs has gone by, adding up some more stories to my little low life experience. Malakoff 12KM KL run, LOL I must say that there are no words that can describe those satanic hills of Taman Rimba Bukit Kiara. Nevertheless, I've enjoyed it so much and make a friend along the way. His name is Azree if I'm not mistaken. You're the man bro. Almost forgot, congrats to my buddies Nan and Hana for their 1st ever competitive run. I'm sure you guys have understand the thing that all this time I'm trying to tell.



Then, came the Pacemaker Network Run. LOL this run put a smile on my face every time it come to my sense. To rookie runner, such as myself, few words of advice, do not join this race if your pace is slower than me. This race (i think lah) is for speedsters and podium runners ONLY! I came in 23rd out of 28 runners within my category. Know what I'm talking about?



KLAVA Back To Nature Relay 2009.Well this is a run to be remembered. First of all because this is my first relay run. Second of all, I've team up with my buddies, Nan and Hana. Ann acted as the managers for The Rookies (that's what we named our team). Nan become the first runner for the 3.9KM loop, clocked 22'13", PB! Yehaaa you're the man bro! Then Hana came in as the second runner, can't remember her timing was, but I think it was like 25', PB too!. Lastly, myself, sprinted until at one point of the run I felt like my heart want to gave out and my face was all numb. I clocked 18'. At the end of the relay we managed to come 14th out of 20 mixed team. Not bad huh guys!




Around the corner, GE Pacesetter 30KM Run awaits. Dammit!! I haven't done a single LSD in weeks. Suffer is the correct word for me this Sunday. On the other hand, I've been on a speed training these few days. Today would be the 3rd day of the 1st week out of 12 weeks of training. This speed work is really a killer lah. Haha. Yesterday, at the 5th or 6th rep (I can't recall) I felt like puking man. Seriously, my face, throat, lungs, heart etc (all other internal organs that I have) felt like burning. Haha. No pain no gain, I couldn't agree more. FYI, I was speeding at a speed of 45-50 sec for a 200meter length. I don't know about you guys, but for me (ordinary guy) that was damn fast man.

All in all, I have to run at least a LSD this week before I endure the 20KM this Sunday. Fingers crossed. This is me saying adios for this time. Wish me luck guys! I really need it!

No comments: