Monday, December 1, 2008

Last week

I need a new training shoe! That’s what I told myself last week, for not running on weekdays. haha lame excuses right. Well the truth is, since PBM, I can't stop eating! A weekend before previous one, I had 3 runs. Boy, let me tell you, those 3 runs was hell as the 25KM. I did 2 on Saturday, one in the morning, the other was in the evening, and a jog on Sunday morning with 'Siput Runners'.

I have to tell, after that double run on Saturday, my left calf was aching like hell. I was saying to myself, "What the ....., 25KM with minor aching, but this 16KM is killing me? c'mon ...." And I was on Lunar Trainer. Then I said to myself … "may be because I haven't run for nearly a week, and my legs were surprised la kot kan", come to think about it, I guess it was!

And then the laziness continues, last week, whole weekdays I was on my back. Some more lame excuses, 1. My left calf was aching, I need to rest and heal. 2. I need a new training shoe, I can't slam the LT no more, dude I haven't done with the monthly payment yet and it’s starting to wear already!

So there I was, Friday, at the Adidas Store looking for a decent training shoe that fits my limited budget. At some point of looking at those shoes, came down the sales boy saying "ha bang, beli la kasut lari. Lepas tuh join la mane-mane race. Tak dapat ape-ape pun takpe, at least dpt goodie beg. Sape nak bagi kan .." Me and acquaintance looked at each other and we both put on a big smile to the boy. Somewhere in my head I was saying "bro...tgk member gua nih...kecik...comel...kan? die nih dah lari 25KM. Agak-agak bro la kan...ade tak orang suke-suke pergi lari 25KM tanpa masuk race?", but I decided to keep it to myself from a pointless explanation.

In the end, I'd pay for a RM90 pair of shoe. You know what? It’s identical to my previous training rubber, except its green in color. But hey, it’s for training right? Furthermore, my LT has a dazzling green sole too.

With this new training rubber, I’m planning to get back on the road, 40km per week millage. Still doubt the GE30KM, but we’ll see. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

crookert said...

sebbaik cakap comel.:))